[ltp] DVI+laptop screen. Dual monitor setup: T40p+XFree-4.3.0

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:59:26 +0100

> Hi,

> > That sounds like Ctrl-Alt-F[1-7], what about FN?
>
> Sorry, wasn't thinking straight.
> Still nothing happens.

Yes, googling again brought up something that it doesn't work on the
T40.

> > Try changing Screen to 1 and in the next Section to 0 (switch the screen
> > entries), see below why.
>
> Tried that with no effect.

Yes, also found on google (some mailing list entry) that obviously this
doesn't work with the plain radeon driver. The guy wrote that he got a
modified version "thx to one of the X developers" (quote). Since he
didn't include any link, I don't know anything more.

You might have luck building the radeon driver from cvs.

But I have to say that starting from here I'm lost.

> No luck yet with installing the thinkpad package. I am running 2.6 kernel and
> it seems like there the format of the drivers is incompatible. I tried to
> build it for the stock Slackware kernel 2.4.22 but was getting an "Unresolved
> symbol" when modprobe-ing the modules. "dmesg" would not show anything.
> Didn't have much time to resolve this.

Strange, did you follow the instructions in the readme? (Creating links
to the appropriate kernel version directory?) It works pretty well for
me and obviously for some other guys as well. (And I think this tool is
pretty useful.)

Good luck,
Andre.