[ltp] T40 - ethernet connection

Ceruti, Gerard G linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:56:04 +0200

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3A828.C7E9E5BE

Thanks Michael

I have started the educational reading :-))

another problem (I think) is that when I do a 'ifstatus eth0 -o debug'
the display say's ' CONFIG = eth0      INTERFACE = nointerface'

any idea where the interface gets set , also is there any way to do a
reread/refresh of the hardware config,
I have tried via YAST already.

Thanks
Gerard

-----Original Message-----
From: Eyer Michael [mailto:Michael.Eyer@khe.siemens.de]
Sent: 10 November 2003 04:06 PM
To: 'linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org'
Subject: RE: [ltp] T40 - ethernet connection

> I have confirmed that e1000.o is in /lib/modules , /proc/ksyms displays
clean ,
> can you point me to a FAQ or howto that covers upfrading a kernel ?

http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO/

this could also be usefull:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-kernel.xml

and the ultimative http://www.google.com/ :)

have phun and good luck,

HTH,

Michael

--
2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For information about the Standard Bank group visit our web site <www.standardbank.co.za>
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Standard Bank Group Limited  is proprietary to the group.
It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.
Standard Bank does not own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that of the group.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally reached you and do not read,
disclose or use the content in any way.
Standard Bank can not assure that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3A828.C7E9E5BE

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-885=
9-1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2655.3=
5">
<TITLE>RE: [ltp] T40 - ethernet connection</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks Michael</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have started the educational reading :-))</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>another problem (I think) is that when I do a 'ifstatus=
=20eth0 -o debug'</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>the display say's ' CONFIG =3D eth0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp; INTERFACE =3D nointerface'</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>any idea where the interface gets set , also is there a=
ny way to do a reread/refresh of the hardware config,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have tried via YAST already.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Gerard</FONT>
</P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Eyer Michael [<A HREF=3D"mailto:Michael.Eyer@khe=
.siemens.de">mailto:Michael.Eyer@khe.siemens.de</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: 10 November 2003 04:06 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: 'linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org'</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: RE: [ltp] T40 - ethernet connection</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; I have confirmed that e1000.o is in /lib/modules ,=
=20/proc/ksyms displays</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>clean , </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; can you point me to a FAQ or howto that covers up=
frading a kernel ? </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2><A HREF=3D"http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO/" TARG=
ET=3D"_blank">http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO/</A></FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>this could also be usefull:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A HREF=3D"http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-kernel.=
xml" TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-kernel.xml</A>=
</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>and the ultimative <A HREF=3D"http://www.google.com/" T=
ARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.google.com/</A> :)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>have phun and good luck,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>HTH,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Michael</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-- </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign. </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>-- </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:</FONT=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A HREF=3D"http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/mailman/l=
istinfo/linux-thinkpad" TARGET=3D"_blank">http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.o=
rg/mailman/listinfo/linux-thinkpad</A></FONT>
</P>

<DIV><FONT=20
color=3D#0000ff>_________________________________________________________=
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>For information about the Standard Bank group visit our web site &lt=
;<A=20
href=3D"http://www.standardbank.co.za">www.standardbank.co.za</A>&gt;<BR>=
<FONT=20
color=3D#0000ff>_________________________________________________________=
<BR>&nbsp;<BR></FONT>Disclaimer=20
and confidentiality note <BR>Everything in this e-mail and any attachment=
s=20
relating to the official business of Standard Bank Group Limited&nbsp; is=
=20
proprietary to the group. <BR>It is confidential, legally privileged and =

protected by law. <BR>Standard Bank does not own and endorse any other co=
ntent.=20
Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being=
=20that=20
of the group. <BR>The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authoris=
ed=20
recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally=
=20
reached you and do not read, <BR>disclose or use the content in any=20
way.<BR>Standard Bank can not assure that the integrity of this communica=
tion=20
has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or=
=20
interference.<BR><FONT=20
_<BR></FONT></DIV>
</BODY>