[ltp] UCB flash card readers

Bob Toxen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:24:03 -0500

I am unable to get my R41 Thinkpad to talk to a USB ImageMate SanDisk reader,
used to read the flash cards recorded by my old HP digital camera.  It hangs
"initializing" in the usb-storage module.

The R41 is running the 2.4.18 kernel on a Slackware 8.1 Distribution.  I
*AM* able to use my USB mouse (but haven't tried at the same time).

I *CAN* use the SanDisk reader on my tower 2.4.18-3 kernel on Red Hat 7.3
system by doing "mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt2".  There are no obvious
differences between the systems.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob