[ltp] X crash on hibernation (with 'tphdisk' )

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:18:48 +0100 (CET)

Gustavo,

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, gustavo wrote:

> Hello List.
>
>   Any Idea for some work arround for this problem.

Is the rest of the machine still running? I had the same problems - I could
kill X with CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE and continue working.
As a workaround, I have added to my apmd_proxy-script a 'chvt 12' (my
logging terminal) followed by a 'sleep 1' so it switches to tty12 before
suspending, waits a second and continues. After resume, X is running fine.

This is on a X30 (Intel i830) with Slackware 9.1, X 4.3.0, kernel 2.4.23-rc1.

HTH, Heiko