[ltp] something for the experts

Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:36:14 +0100

> > My problem is how to get rid of the stupid win bootmenu?
>
> Use boot = /dev/hda to have the lilo menu without any windows boot menu
> before (if this was your intention). This way, lilo will be installed
> into the MBR, so no windows loader can kick in before.

Sorry, guess my problem discription wasn't precise enough...

I have lilo as the first boot loader. From there I can choose win2k or
winxp or linux... . But when I choose win2k the next thing coming up is
the win bootmenu, when I choose winxp the next thing coming up is
nothing. ;-)

I know how to get rid of the menu when selecting win2k, but before doing
that i need to have a bootloader on the xp partition as well, meaning to
get a win boot menu also when selecting winxp in lilo.

Once I'm having different win boot menus for each case, I can modify the
appropriate boot.inis to get rid of the menus and load each win
directly.

(I know that this problem requires more a win expert than a linux one,
but only linux users have this prob and the win experts i asked just
told me to get rid of 2k - which i don't want right now.)

Andre.