[ltp] something for the experts

Tim Prince linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:58:23 -0800

At 10:11 AM 11/13/2003, Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:

> > You can't have separate Windows boot systems installed for XP and 2K. =
 You
> > must use the XP variety.  If you allow 2K to wipe out the XP files, you
> > will not be able to start XP.  Both 2K and XP will be accessed through=
 the
> > XP boot menu, regardless of whether you get to it from lilo or grub, or
> > directly from bootstrap.
>
>But I'm pretty sure that I did this once. Not sure if it was 2k and Xp
>or 2k an NT4, but unless I has a really good dream I know it worked.

The NTLDR system of 2k can boot NT4.  In each case, you need the NTLDR etc=
=20
from the newest Microsoft OS.  You certainly made it appear that this was=20
your problem.  If you want completely separate installations of multiple=20
Microsoft OS, you must hide the partitions containing the boot files for=20
all but the one you want active.  Not worth the trouble.

Tim Prince=20