[ltp] My experience with Fedora Core 1 !

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:52:54 -0600

I certainly hope that this just a coincidence!
I just had a IBM 14G disk die on the first reboot after
installing Fedora Core 1.
In fact the laptop ( 770Z ) locked up solidly ( continuous recals )
during  shutdown.
I had just run IBM's DFT ( no problems noted ) after doing a total wipe
and before a new setup and everything else had installed normally.
Now the drive reports a I/O error on bootup and won't go any farther.
I won't even make it to the XOSL screen.
The drive had been running RH 7.3, NT4, etc. without any problems.

BTW what happened to the nice tree-structured directories that were
used in 7.3 and earlier versions?
Thanks.. Bert