[ltp] ACPI R40

Michael Olbrich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:54:24 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 05:23:00PM +0100, d.lj wrote:
> * swsusp (echo 4 >/proc/acpi/sleep) works fine except it doesnt shutdown
> completely but i have to press the powerbutton for a few seconds (the
> force method) to really power off.

Same here. For shutdown too. If I remember correctly I has the same
problem when using "Use real mode APM BIOS call to power off" with apm
Maybe its related.

> * echo 3 doesnt, i.e. the laptop goes into the moon-mode (status light)
> very quickly but i m not able to wake it up again, also i cant shut it
> off with the power button but have to unplug ac, remove the battery.

Again, same here. It shuts down a lot faster than with APM though. Maybe
it's doing s.th. wrong. Or maybe echo 2 would be the right thing. I'm
not sure. But that doesn't seem to be suported.

> * how do you map fn+F4 resp. fn+F12 keys to echo 3, 4?

man acpid. At least fn+F4 triggers an event. Debian has a few nice
examples scripts.

> i ve tried on 2.6.0-test9 and 2.6.0-test9-mm4, both show same behaviour.

2.6.0-test9-mm3 here.

Btw. did anyone try to use the sysfs to suspend (/sys/power/state)? It
doesn't do anything for me but I'm not sure if it is suposed to work at
all.

Michael