[ltp] the purpose or advantage of suspend and hibernation

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:49:07 -0700

Michael:

I seond that.  I worked at a government site that provided centralized
backup services for a nationwide service.  We found that backups were
run after a daily updates were run.  Once, one of the site's daily
updates 'ate' all of the data and the backup was bad.  Unfortunately, we
had to get original data and then run a full update which took several
days.  I've had the same problem with my home system.  Now, I have
several backup tapes and also keep several FULL  backups on my external
USB drive which I hookup to my laptop.  And the government agency keeps
at least two backups of each site and up to four backups of some of the
sites.

James McKenzie