[ltp] cd-rw: can write but can read or mount

gustavo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:07:03 +0200

  Hello

 Today iI added the module 'sg.o' in order to use mi cd-writer. I was
compile it and added it to '/etc/modules' and
after it writed in the blank cd (with 'xcdroast').
  My problem is that now I can't mount the cdrom. What can be the problem???

 I have a thinkpad R-40 with Debian Woody and kernel 2.4.22. I compiled
it with a modules of
ide-scsi and sg.
  I have the '/etc/lilo.conf' configured with the line:  '
append="apm=off hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi"  '
if I link the '/dev/cdrom' to '/dev/scd0' and try to mount the cdrom I
receive:
    > mount: /dev/cdrom is not a valid block device
If back the original link to '/dev/cdrom' to 'hdc' when I try to mount
it I receive:
    > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
       or too many mounted file systems
       (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
       ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)

 So, any IDEA ??

--
Regards.
gustavo halperin