[ltp] ibm r40 2722 cpu cooler running even when idle and battery runtime

Neil Weisenfeld linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:24:33 -0500

Not sure if it's related, but when looking at a friend's T40p under
Windows XP, I noticed that one of the control panels stated that it was
in a really low speed setting while idle -- either 122 MHz or 200 MHz.
I forget which.

In any case, Linux now refuses to go below 600 MHz because that's the
officially documented lower limit.

This may be part of the discrepancy.

Neil