[ltp] How to turn on DMA on R40, MDK9.1

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:59:35 -0500

The 'sound' service does indeed load ALSA, configure mixer settings etc. My
guess is its being started somehow... Its certainly possible to have your
system configured in such a way that sound starts without 'service sound
start' ever happening though. Remember, sound is just some drivers being
loaded, so there are a few ways that can happen.

The general cure for your basic problem is of course to have the apmd turn off
pcmcia and sound before you suspend to RAM. A lot of hardware seems to
require that.

--
Tod Harter
Giant Electronic Brain