[ltp] Switching Between Networks

Rob Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:24:14 -0600

> Rob Smith wrote:
> > I would like to be able to use my 600E both at home, on my DSL, and also
at
> > work, on a corporate LAN.
<SNIP>
"James Knott" <james.knott@rogers.com> replied:
> I do similar.  All you have to do, is set up your static IP and then
> when at work start dhcp.  If you want to automate it, ping on a known IP
> to determine which way you want to go.
> --

Unfortunately, at home I also need to list DNS server IPs. Add to this a
requirement for printers at each location (stand-alone on the LAN) and an
internet proxy server at work. On the upside, I've found that SuSe included
an application to help automate the switching between different networks. I
just have to figure out how do the setup.

Rob Smith