[ltp] ACPI on T41p

Valient Gough linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:29:33 -0800

--=-XKGp5Vh97+sJQuIrgJIL

Well, I did upgrade to a new SuSE kernel (2.4.21-144), which explicitly
mentions T40 ACPI problems in the change summary.  It doesn't crash
anymore with ACPI, but it also doesn't do very much (no battery info, no
fan or thermal data, etc).

But the good news is that I did get APM working again under SuSE 9.  I
found that if I enable the kernel option "CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT", then I
get system hangs when the system tries to come back from a suspend.  If
I turn off the option (which is the default out of the box), then it
seems to work fine.

The silly thing is that my real-time-clock *is* set in GMT, but the
clock seems to keep the right time without that option...

Val

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 02:55, Arno Willig wrote:

> Hello!
>
> In this mailing lists some problems of ACPI on T40/T41 were discussed.
> However for me it seems to work pretty good. (At least for battery
> readings)
>
> neutrino:~# acpi -V
>      Battery 1: charging, 97%, 00:26:45 until charged
>      Thermal 1: ok, 39.0 degrees C
>   AC Adapter 1: on-line
>

> My kernel (2.4.22, ACPI Patches from acpi.sourceforge.net) says:
> ACPI: Subsystem revision 20031002
> PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xfd8d6, last bus=8
> PCI: Using configuration type 1
> ACPI: Found ECDT
> schedule_task(): keventd has not started
>     ACPI-0178: *** Warning: The ACPI AML in your computer contains
> errors, please nag the manufacturer to correct it.
>     ACPI-0181: *** Warning: Allowing relaxed access to fields; turn on
> CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG for details.
> ACPI: Interpreter enabled
> ACPI: Using PIC for interrupt routing
> ACPI: System [ACPI] (supports S0 S3 S4 S5)
>
> What does the AML warning mean?
>
> The ACPI IRQ Routing seems to work pretty good.
>
> Ciao, Arno
>

> --
> Arno Willig <arno@pflanzenbestimmung.de>

--=-XKGp5Vh97+sJQuIrgJIL

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
Well, I did upgrade to a new SuSE kernel (2.4.21-144), which explicitly mentions T40 ACPI problems in the change summary.&nbsp; It doesn't crash anymore with ACPI, but it also doesn't do very much (no battery info, no fan or thermal data, etc).&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
But the good news is that I did get APM working again under SuSE 9.&nbsp; I found that if I enable the kernel option &quot;CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT&quot;, then I get system hangs when the system tries to come back from a suspend.&nbsp; If I turn off the option (which is the default out of the box), then it seems to work fine.<BR>
<BR>
The silly thing is that my real-time-clock *is* set in GMT, but the clock seems to keep the right time without that option...<BR>
<BR>
Val<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
[...]