[ltp] suse9 on a T21 thinkpad: mouse /typing delays of 1 seconds

Valient Gough linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:34:16 -0800

--=-vjxEsq1+u1rx/mu2Yckh

Possibly power management at work?  You might try turning off cpufreqd:

/etc/rc.d/cpufreqd stop

If that helps, then you can turn it off permanently with "chkconfig
cpufreqd off"

Valient

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 01:09, Christoph Lehmann wrote:

> hi
> on a T21 thinkpad I installed suse 9. even now, when typing, the I
> notice sometimes delays between typing and seeing the letters written
> of up to 1 second. the same happens with the mouse/trackpoint: it
> follows my movements only with some breaks, where the mouse hangs for
> up to 1 second.
>
> this MUST be a bug, since I haven't had any problems during
> installation and everything else seems to work fine.
>
> thanks for your kind help. these delays are very annoying.
>
> p.s. somebody suggested it could have to do with the new scheduler..?
>
> christoph
> --
> Christoph Lehmann <christoph.lehmann@gmx.ch>

--=-vjxEsq1+u1rx/mu2Yckh

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
Possibly power management at work?&nbsp; You might try turning off cpufreqd:<BR>
<BR>
/etc/rc.d/cpufreqd stop<BR>
<BR>
If that helps, then you can turn it off permanently with &quot;chkconfig cpufreqd off&quot;<BR>
<BR>
Valient<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
on a T21 thinkpad I installed suse 9. even now, when typing, the I
notice sometimes delays between typing and seeing the letters written
of up to 1 second. the same happens with the mouse/trackpoint: it
follows my movements only with some breaks, where the mouse hangs for
up to 1 second.

this MUST be a bug, since I haven't had any problems during
installation and everything else seems to work fine.

thanks for your kind help. these delays are very annoying.

p.s. somebody suggested it could have to do with the new scheduler..?

christoph
--
Christoph Lehmann &lt;christoph.lehmann@gmx.ch&gt;</I></FONT></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>