[ltp] ALSA drivers on 600E

Mauro Maroni linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:43:20 -0300 (ART)

Hello:

I have installed the ALSA drivers (0.9.8) on my 600E. The module cs46xx
does not work as far as I know, but I could make the card work with a
proper modules.conf configuration using the CS4239 module. Anyways, after loading all the
stuff from modules.conf when the machine is booting, it tries and retries to
load the cs46xx module as well (not sure why, looks like is detecting that the card is a
CS4610 and try to load that module automatically) generating a lot of ugly
messages on the console. I am running Slackware 9.1 + 2.4.22.

Anyone has experienced this and/or knows how to fix it? (basically, to
avoid the cs46xx loading)

Thanks,
Mauro