[ltp] dhcp problem

Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:24:34 +0100

Hi,

i recently installed dhclient on my thinkpad and have some strange
behaviour which i don' know how to fix...

The problem is that dhclient always restores some old resolv.conf (the
state in which it was when i installed dhclient).

The problem is also that I have a bit difficult network setup here:
a fli4l router, to which an apple airbase is connected, to which again
my notebook connects. The problem is that I don't have access to the
airbase configuration, so it's like a black box for me.

However, when I launch dhclient it always restores this old resolv.conf.
Also changing the entries in the /var/state/dhcp/dhclient.leases file
doesn't help, since they get restored to the old values as well the next
time i start dhclient.

Any ideas?

Might it be possible that the airbase somehow learned about the entries
I had in my resolv.conf and now sends this information (domain-name and
domain-name-servers) to dhclient? That sounds very strange to me.
But if not, why does dhclient always restore the old values?

Andre.