[ltp] Switching Between Networks

Rob Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:55:43 -0600

I just went to check something in SCPM (command "scpm list") and discovered
that it was again locked. The only thing that I did was to change profiles,
from 'default' to 'work'. At the time, I received a message stating that the
network settings had changed and that the network was being restarted. What
am I doing wrong, or what may have happened to the system? I was able to
create the new profiles without a problem, and, as I had copied them from
the 'default', I assumed that switching between them should be fairly
painless at this point, as I haven't modified any of the profile settings.

Thanks again,

Rob