[ltp] 600E's screen turns on red, then goes really dark

Asheesh Laroia linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:33:07 -0500 (EST)

This is mildly off-topic, but I hope some of you can provie some insight!

My roommate just bought a ThinkPad 600E.  When he turned it on a week ago,
the screen would turn on at normal brightness, adjustable by the slider
thing under the screen, but it would have a red tint that would go away
after a few seconds.

After this weekend, the laptop's screen now starts up, flickering red and
really-dark, and then settles on really-dark.  One can repeat the
flickering process by pressing the switch-to-external-monitor button,
Fn-F7.  (There's no external monitor attached, so it goes right back to
the LCD.)

So the screen is unreadably dark, and flickers strangely.  What hope do I
have?

Thank you all very much.

-- Asheesh Laroia.

P.S. And what is that faucet-looking button, Fn-F11?

--
Matter cannot be created or destroyed, nor can it be returned without a receipt.