[ltp] RAM upgrade on T20

Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:45:33 +0200

Hi folks,

yesterday, I tried to upgrade a T20 with a 256 MB module. However, I
can not get it to work. The LCD won't even switch on. Since the module
works in my A30 without errors in memtest86, I assume the module is OK.
I also tried to use another 256 MB module, which was working in my A30
before, without success.

The timing of the 256 MB modules is PC133-333, whereas the old 128 MB
module is PC100-322. Another difference: the organization if the chips
on the new module is 32Mx64, the old module is 16Mx64.

Can anybody give me a hint why the T20 refuses to work with the 256 MB
modules? I suppose it's the chip organization, but I'm not sure.

Regards,
Tino