[ltp] T40: Suspend/Resume and Standby now working with Redhat9!

Hartwig, Thomas linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:49:35 +0200

Hi Stefan,

thank you very much for your samples. It is working now like charm. I
think the major issue was CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK which was turned on
in my kernel config.

Now I can use XFree86 with 3D support and without module unloading or
anything else. Just close the lid and go to sleep.

The problem with the fan I have resolved as well. I'm using the Alan Cox
kernel extensions for speedstep adjustment. In kernels above 2.6 it is
included by default. But I can't use this yet because there are some
problems with the RedHat standard packages like rpm and up2date. However
you can prevent them with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5, but this is not very
nice I think. In conjunction with the package cpudyn, the processor is
not running at high consumption any more. You can find the packages here:
ftp://ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/linux-2.4/2.4.22/patch-2.4.22-ac4.bz2

Thank you very much folks for your attention.
I'm back to Linux now. ;-)

Thomas