[ltp] IBM's Atheros 802.11a/b (AR5001X) status?

Benjamin Weste Pearre linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:59:56 -0600

Hey...  on the verge of buying an R40.  But opinions seem very mixed
on whether or not the Atheros MiniPci card (AR5001X chipset) drivers
work OK.  I heard someone imply that there were a couple of releases
of the driver on 2003-08-02 (a while ago now), but such consensus as
there is seems to indicate that some CVS version is the way to go.

Those of you who have an Atheros card (especially the 802.11a/b one):
What driver version are you using?  How stable is it?  How easy is it
to use?  How reliable?  Any oddities?

Alternative MiniPCI options (including hacking the bios?!)?

Of course, if I get a bunch of informative emails that don't go to the
list at large, I'll summarise them to the list.  Tell me whether to
include your name, or just reply to the list :)

Cheers!
-Ben

--
Ben Pearre         http://hebb.mit.edu/~ben        PGP ID: CFDA6CDA