[ltp] Re: [Thinkpad] "Resetting" 600 Li-Ion Battery Cells

Jim Harvey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 02 Oct 2003 20:28:58 -0500

James McKenzie wrote:
> Frank and the rest of the list:
>
> I got the URL from an older message and attempted to reset the 'top' two
> batteries with no noticable change in the performance of the batteries.
> I would like to know the 'normal' responses from a totally dead Li-Ion
> cell.  I know the reponses from a partially dead battery.
> It looks like I may need a new battery.
> James McKenzie

I've taken a couple of IBM packs apart - Dead Lions go open.  If they didn't,
IBM wouldn't be able to put three of them in parallel in the 770 packs.
--
     Jim Harvey, Naperville, Ill.   Linux person - WB8NBS/9
            He who dies with the most software wins.