[ltp] Driver for built-in T40 modem?

Claude Rubinson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 19:49:05 -0700

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 07:50:09AM -0400, otisg wrote:
> Thank you for the info.  I have now tried the SmartLink modem
> driver (version 2.7.10).
>
> I am able to 'modprobe slmdm', but not 'modprobe slamrm'.  When
> doing 'modprobe slamrm', I get this error:
>
>   slamrmo.o: init_module: No such device.

I'm not sure what to tell you.  It just worked for me.  A couple of
thoughts:

(1) Did you make sure to patch the driver?  Personally, I didn't use
Ted Ts'o's patch but just followed the Fabrice Bellet's instructions
(http://bellet.info/~bellet/laptop/t40.html).

(2) You should just need to 'modprobe slamrmo' which will load the
slmdm module automagically.

(3) Finally, I assume that you did this but just in case: make sure to
read the included documentation.  Aside from the patching, it stepped
me through the entire process.

Claude