[ltp] T40 - Consensus on the blank screen coma (LCD sleep) issue?

Mark G. Spencer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 14:07:10 -0700

Hi Satish,

I'm not very familiar with the Fedora version of Red Hat.  I'm using the =
Red
Hat 9 available from the Red Hat Network.

I just checked out the "Software" tab on RHN and I see a Red Hat 9 beta,
"Severn", but don't see any mention of Fedora.

Do you know if I can upgrade a Red Hat 9 (latest updates from RHN =
up2date)
kernel to the Fedora kernel?  My Linux expertise ends at =
configure/make/make
install, so I'm hoping I can do this without trashing my system.  ;)=20

I don't know what Rawhide is, but I'm jumping on Redhat's website now to
find out.

Thanks!

Mark