[ltp] T40p VMWARE +XP

Ben Pfaff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
04 Oct 2003 20:21:27 -0700

"Hartwig, Thomas" <t.hartwig@crapoud.com> writes:

> anyone out there using VMWARE workstation 4.0.5 with the installed
> Windows XP thru a raw device? I get a BSOD right in the beginning of
> the start of XP. I already deactivated all possible hardware devices
> in XP, but no success. I'm afraid I have to install XP in a VMWARE
> environment.

VMware doesn't emulate your real hardware, it emulates one
particular kind of real hardware.  A real system can't
necessarily be booted within VMware because the real system's
hardware may differ from VMware's virtual in important ways.
--
"There's only one thing that will make them stop hating you.
 And that's being so good at what you do that they can't ignore you.