[ltp] up2date (RH) and updating the kernel

Hartwig, Thomas linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 09 Oct 2003 02:04:59 +0200

Hi Otis,

at first there is no danger with it, your old kernel and boot manager
will be saved if you use "up2date -f". But I would not advice to do so,
because you need to compile a kernel by your own to get the best out of
your T40. The standard kernel is not the best choice, please look to the
mailing list archive for earlier discussions or the web pages lurking
around.

Greetings
Thomas