[ltp] X freezing and CAPS LED blinking pattern?

mukesh agrawal linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:57:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, otisg wrote:

> The left-most LED with a '1' inside it, I don't remember what it is for,
> is also not lit.

That's num lock. (For using the "embedded numeric keypad".)

> I am not familiar with Alt-Sysrq-{R,S,U,B} key combination.
> What is Sysrq?  Oh, I see it under PrtSc on my keyboard.  I will
> try that next time this happens (later today, probably :().
> R,S,U,B are, I assume, just letters, so Alt-Sysrq-<R or S or U
> or B> is what you recommend.

Make sure your kernel is compiled with support for the SysRq key
(CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y). And look at Documentation/sysrq.txt (part of the
kernel source tree) for an explanation of what you can do with it.