[ltp] Network Config - off topic

Adam Southerland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 18:49:57 -0300

This isn't Linux entirely... =(
(Don't have enough space to add more stuff to my Linux =(

Information:
Laptop: IBM thinkkpad 760XL
NIC: Encore PCMCIA (RealTek 8139 ChipSet)

Question:
Does anyone have a working network bootdisk for the DOS OS...
I am trying to get my Network Card initialized is DOs
I do:   A:\RTPCI.exe /md000 /i5 /s1
          A:\RTBIOS.COM
These two commands work and the card lights up.
(Note: I cannot run rtbios.com in config.sys - it dies evilly)

The next step is to call the PacketDriver...  RTPKTDRV.exe -i 0x7e AUTO
  This command says it cannot find the RealTeck Card... I have tried every
available Interupt (0x60-0x66,0x7...) and every type of connection type (
Auto is what I normally put) -- -i is just to use ieexxx instead of
Ethernet2 (I think - I'm working on memory here)

For PCMCIA RealTek says to run the two commands as show above (RTPCI and
RTBIOS), after that it is rather vague...

Note: I do have PCMCIA drivers loaded for DOS...

Can anyone help or send me in the right direction?
any direction and/ or help would be greatly appreciated... After everything
works I will create a website with config files and info for other users as
I think it would help... me especially =)

Thanks!
Adam