[ltp] Thinkpad 600E roll call...

Antiphon linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:03:59 -0400

I own a 600X and it runs like a charm on my Debian sid system. If you want to
have hibernation support, you will need to keep a spare fat32 partition
around so that the firmware can save your RAM state. You must use the
thinkpad utilities available at the IBM web site to make a hibernation file
unnder widows/dos.

I've had some problems with using regular apm suspend after enabling this but
that isn't too big of a deal since standby still works and hibernation is
battery independent.