[ltp] R40 display gets garbled after being idle..

ravi channavajhala linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 04:17:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

Bought an IBM R40 recently, which has the Intel Mobile
Centrino (1.3 GHz.,) and 512 MB RAM.

Installed Redhat linux 9.0 (2.4.20-6), up and running
away.  Everything works beautifully, until the system
being idle for an hour or so.  At which time the
console video gets all garbled.  Hitting F7 or any
other resume functions doesn't have any effect.

I've VNC sessions running from an XP workstation which
still work fine and so are the ssh sessions from a
putty.  So, the system is not down, only the console
display has problems.  BTW, I already turned off the
apmd.  Any suggestions as what can be done here?

regards,
-ravi