[ltp] Re: 2.6 patch to airo_mpi.c

Peter Johanson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:25:10 -0700

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 05:17:17PM -0400, Carl Nygard wrote:

> Peter
>
> I tried the patch you posted to the list against bellet's latest
> airo_mpi.c-20031011, but it doesn't really work.
>
> I've worked out most of the kinks (I think), but some undefined's
> remain.
>
> There exists in linux-2.4.xx, some var named 'current' which seems to be
> some global var.  I can't figure out what it is, and it's tagged for
> undefined because members 'sigmask_lock' and 'priv' don't seem to exist
> anymore.
>
> This is against linux-2.6.0-test7, no extra patches.
>
> Any clues?  Whatever I get working, I'll submit for public
> consumption...

hey all,

you can find a new patch against airo_mpi.c-20031011 up at:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~latexer/files/airo_mpi.c-20031011-v1.diff.gz

This is just a patch against the one file, you'll have to follow
bellet's instructions for using it otherwise. All seems well the little
i've been able to test this. Only part i'm still looking into is the
"reparent_to_init()" not showing up. For now i've dropped it (this seems
to not bother it, but i'm worried none-the-less).

hope this works for people. as always, reports of success/failures
appreciated.

-pete

--
Peter Johanson