[ltp] fglrx install problems - trying to go two headed

Pete Trachy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:55:02 +0800

I'm trying to install the fglrx driver so that I can use my laptop
display and an external lcd monitor.  If I can do that without using the
fglrx driver i would love to have some pointers.  But, the below is is
the dmesg error message I get when I try to run the final kernel install
script.

I'm running debian unstable 2.6 test 7 on a t40p.

BTW The acpi works without using pci=noacpi now.

Thanks for any help.  And I will provide any extra info that anyone
wants.

Pete

fglrx: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
fglrx: module license 'Proprietary. (C) 2002 - ATI Technologies,
Starnberg, GERMANY' taints kernel.
fglrx: Unknown symbol VMALLOC_VMADDR