[ltp] Kernel 2.7 and DRI

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:14:26 +0200

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 11:31:05 +0200, gustavo wrote:
> Yes you right.
> The reason is becouse the 2.4.6 need some patches for working with DRI
> and/or the apm support for laptop.
> So I think the 2.4.7 include the patch of the 2.4.6 (I'm right ??).

I don't know what patches you are talking about, so I can not help you
there.

Anyway, 2.4.7 (including the DRI modules) is more than two years old. How
old is your ThinkPad? You know what I mean?

> The really question is if I need install the modules of DRI or the
> kernel 2.4.7 (2.4.6 and patchs) include them??

The DRI modules from the kernel always lag behind the DRI development a
bit. On a machine as new as a R40, you should use a recent kernel and
try the recent DRI modules from the DRI project.

Regards,
Tino