[ltp] Cisco airo-net driver compile problems

Rich Smrcina linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
15 Oct 2003 13:08:35 -0500

I am trying to follow the directions on compiling the airo-net driver
under RHL9 (2.4.20-20 kernel) for a T40.

root@rks0 wireless]# gcc -march=i386 -MD -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-pipe -I. -I/usr/src/linux/include -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS
-c airo_mpi.c
In file included from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/config.h:4,
                 from airo_mpi.c:20:
/usr/include/linux/autoconf.h:1:2: #error Invalid kernel header included
in userspace
In file included from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/module.h:25,
                 from airo_mpi.c:25:
/usr/include/asm/atomic.h:40:2: warning: #warning Using kernel header in
userland program. BAD!

Alot of warnings follow until the compile bails out.  Neither autoconf.h
nor atomic.h is in my kernel sources (RPM from RedHat).  Where might I
find these files (or could someone send them to me)?

Thanks.
--
Rich Smrcina
Sr. Systems Engineer
rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
rsmrcina at dsgroup.com

Catch the WAVV! Stay for requirements and the free-for-all.
Update your zSeries skills in 4 days for a very reasonable price.
WAVV 2004 in Chattanooga, TN
April 30-May 4, 2004
For details see http://www.wavv.org