[ltp] Thinkpad 600X System Board

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:02:57 +0000

Scott,

On ebay. Search for 12P3224, there will be several for $89.00. The 600X system board I got was in a sealed IBM box complete with IBM tamper evident tape.

The board will fit into a 600E case with case modifications. The sound jack area of the case as well as the memory cover area of a 600E case require some trimming. The only other proplem is that the mini PCI card opening is not on a 600E case. But, that's not such a bid deal.

The 600E modem and video out card will not fit the 600X system board.

Also, you can buy a 600X bottom case, I did for US $30.00 on ebay, so no trimming needed!

Brian