[ltp] Re: 2.6 patch to airo_mpi.c

Fabrice Bellet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:46:04 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 02:36:56PM -0400, Carl Nygard wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 10:25, Peter Johanson wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 05:17:17PM -0400, Carl Nygard wrote:
>
> > hope this works for people. as always, reports of success/failures
> > appreciated.
> >

> Works, at least 'iwlist eth1 scan' gives the same results as my
> 2.4.22-ac4 kernel did.  Still can't get dhclient to work with it.  Get
> output like:
>
> wifi0: unknown hardware address typ 801

I removed this confusing dual wifi0 interface since version 20031011.
Moreover, monitor mode is still broken, so I think there's no need
to keep it.

> /sbin/dhclient-script: configuration for eth1 not found
> <blah blah>
> receive_packet failed on eth1: Network is down
>
> This also is identical to 2.4.22-ac4, so no (real) worries yet.
>
> I guess I'm going to have to go through pure ifconfig.  Hopefully I can
> figure out how to get the RH gui utils to work with it.

With RH, you also can manually edit your
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 config file :

DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=no
PEERDNS=no  # don't overwrite /etc/resolv.conf

MODE=Managed
NICKNAME=nickname
CHANNEL=10

ESSID=your_essid
KEY="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xx"

And manually start and stop your interface with : /sbin/ifup eth1
and /sbin/ifdown eth1. The ifup script should magically launch
the dhcp client according to the BOOTPROTO value.

Best wishes,
--
fabrice