[ltp] quieter harddrive for the thinkpad 240?

Kacper Wysocki linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 05:13:50 -0400

Hi all!

I haven't posted here in a while- I own a thinkpad 240, and the thing
about it I like the most is the size. But that's beside the point.

Is it possible to get a quieter harddrive for the 240? Or are all
laptop harddrives that loud? Does a standard laptop harddrive fit? Does
anyone here have a good source for new/used laptop parts in Canada?
Price is a constraint, the space requirement is between 6 and 10 GB.

I know a good deal about desktop hardware, but I didn't know a thing
about laptop hardware until recently, and all my assumptions have
proven wrong so far, so if someone can point me in the right direction
that'd be great.

Regards,
	Kacper