[ltp] quieter harddrive for the thinkpad 240?

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:41:43 +0300

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 09:51:42PM +1000, Sven Dowideit wrote:
> bummer, it means that the hard-drive that you have doesn't support it
> (err kind of)
>=20
> my dvd drive also replies in this way, but i know that when i had it as
> a windows box that there was an acoustic setting - i might just have to
> look into that too..

You can use setcd to limit the reading speed.  setcd -x 2 reduces the
noise of my DVD drive considerably (at a considerble expense of speed,
of course).

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If something has not yet gone wrong then it would ultimately have been
beneficial for it to go wrong.

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH--