[ltp] Support for Docking Station 2631 ???

Sven Dowideit linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:32:46 +1000

yes :)

my Dock (with t21) has a matrox card in it, which i think works on 2.4,
but i have been using 2.5 - 2.6 for at least the last 6 months so i
don't remeber what doesn't work.

oh yeah
with 2.4(probably .18/9)
   * using the dock's pcmcia slots either doesn't work, or causes a
crash
   * usb does not work
   * i don't think i had the guts to try a warm dock
   * matrox pci card worked fine
   * ultra-drive bay worked (insert at boot time)

with 2.6.0-test7 (i haven't tested test8 yet)
   * the pcmcia slots are fully operational
   * one of the 2 usb ports works (the other seems not powered up)(cold
be broken hw though)
   * warm dock does not crash, but i don't remember it noticing the new
hardware either

so long as you are happy to re-boot when you put the computer into the
dock, it works quite well in 2.6

cheers

Sven