[ltp] new smart link modem driver

Michael Olbrich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 05:21:55 +0200

Hi,

for those with a Smart Link soft modem: There is a new driver that is
acually working:
ftp://ftp.smlink.com/linux/unsupported/slmodem-2.9.1.tar.gz

They are using a different approach now, main parts are implemented in a
userspace daemon. I've been using it for several hours now and it works
pretty well. "make install" creates the wrong device files but the
README  tells which are the right ones , so thats no problem.
It works with 2.6 kernels too and it has really low cpu usage (the old
driver usually used 30% of my 1.5GHz Pentium M)
I had some minor problems when creating the connection (I sometimes needed
to try 2 times) but that may be a provider problem.

Michael