[ltp] Sound Card Problems On Linux MDK 9.1: I'm a newbie

Analabha Roy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 01:40:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

  I have an IBM Thinkpad 770z with Mandrake Linux 9.1 running. The Drakconf utility says
that my sound card is a Cirrus Logic Crystal Soundfusion 4610/1 & the driver is
snd-cs46xx but I get no sound & "aumix -q" gives error. I downloaded & installed ALSA
driver/lib utils from tarball and then ran insmod snd-cs46xx. I got an error message
like:

 Unresolved symbol snd_verbose_printk

 I also installed isapnp utils but pnpdump gave no output so I guess my card is not pnp.

 I think maybe my modules.conf is all wrong. Please advise on what to do. I do not know
the IO IRQ or DMA params for the card & I looked at device manager (I have dual boot with
windows xp & the sound card works fine there) in XP but got no info except a large range
of IO's. I tried them all in insmod on Linux but got errors.

 My modules.conf file contains:

probeall scsi_hostadapter usb-storage
probeall usb-interface usb-uhci
alias sound-slot-0 snd-cs46xx