[ltp] T40, memtes86, blank blue screen, Bellet's memtest86 patch

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:53:14 -0400

I had the same symptom running the unpatched version available from the
memtest website.  I tried to apply the patch, and then realized it
expected an older version of gcc to compile properly.  I installed gcc
2.95.3 and memtest compiled and worked fine for me.  I imagine the
available boot cd will work just the same as the precomp.bin.

Joel