[ltp] auxiliary battery packs for A/T/X series

Brian Beattie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
20 Oct 2003 14:24:14 -0400

A while back, there was some discussion of auxiliary battery packs. The
little reasearch I have seen indicates that some of this packs may be
unregulated, meaning that the output of the battery pack is the raw
battery voltage.

This has lead me to wonder, what the requirements for the DC power input
of the thinkpads are and if it would be possible to use a battery pack
made up of disposable cells (D or C cell alkaline for instance) by using
say 12 cells to cover Alkaline and NiMH, 18V - 15V nom.

--
Brian Beattie            | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
beattie@beattie-home.net | programmer, direct or contract, short or

"Honor isn't about making the right choices.
It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto