[ltp] Total lockup on a T40

M. Leo Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:40:01 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, pete hilton wrote:

>         I have a T40 modul 58U ... 1.3GHz processor, 1440x1050 display
> I have a 40G drive and 768M of memory.
>
> At random times the whole machine just locks up solid ... no response
> from any key combination .. big red switch time.

I've had a very similar problem with a 770Z that I bought used on eBay.

It locks up about once a week. Sometimes it does this a second time within a
few minutes of the first lockup.

I had thought this was a hardware problem, maybe in the motherboard.

If this happens on different TP models, then it is very strange.