[ltp] 3d on t40 - New Thinkpad user

Keith O'Brien linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:55:14 -0400

Austin Murphy wrote:

>Hi Keith,
>
>I also have a T40 with the ATI Radeon 7500 also.  I use Knoppix/Debian
>with a 2.4.21-ac2 kernel.
>
>Direct Rendering requires the proper AGPGART kernel module in addition to
>the XFree86 driver.  Does 'dmesg' say anything about agpgart?
>
>You may also want to try without the radeon kernel module.  That only
>deals with framebuffer graphics.
>
>Austin
>--
>http://www.math.rutgers.edu/~amurphy/linux/IBM-T40.html

Thanks for your response. I haven't had a chance yet to try it without
radeon module. But here is the output of dmesg greped for agpgart:
[keith@storm keith]$ dmesg | grep agpgart
Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 203M
agpgart: Detected Intel(R) 855PM chipset
agpgart: AGP aperture is 256M @ 0xd0000000

I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Thanks for your help,
Keith.