[ltp] Sound Card Problems On Linux MDK 9.1: I'm a newbie

Analabha Roy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:28:05 -0700 (PDT)

--- Charles E Taylor IV <tomalek@mindspring.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 01:40:51 -0700 (PDT)
> Analabha Roy <aroy_802701@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >   I have an IBM Thinkpad 770z with Mandrake Linux 9.1 running. The
> >   Drakconf utility says
> > that my sound card is a Cirrus Logic Crystal Soundfusion 4610/1 & the
> > driver is snd-cs46xx but I get no sound & "aumix -q" gives error.
>
> Redhat also tries to use this driver for the 770X's card and ... it
> doesn't work there either.  Use the cs4232.o kernel module, which you'll
> have to set up manually.  Search the archives for this list.  The 380XD,
> 600/600E, and 770X/Z all use the same kernel driver for sound.

How do I do that? insmod cs4232 io=blah irq=blah dma_1=blah etc

 What are the params?

> Also make sure Quick Boot (in the BIOS) is off.

 How do I access BIOS Menu in Thinkpads. I seem to recall that I have to press a
particular key when the machine boots and scans for memory. Which key is that please?