[ltp] neomagic support in X

Kacper Wysocki linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:58:14 -0400

Hi all,

on a tp240, which has the neomagic video chip, I've had success getting
glx to work with a sort of 'fixed' neomagic driver that I got from god
knows where. I used to be able to watch movies using the xv extention
and play i.e armagetron in 800x600. Not so much anymore.

After having to wipe my laptop because of filesystem inconsistency, I
don't seem to be having success trying to enable glx, and xv fails in
xine with a message of the sort: "required CPU accelleration(sic)
features unavailable. faild to load output plugin <xv>"

I've done some google'ing without finding any relevant information.

I'm running XFree86 version 4.2.1.1 from debian sid packages and
glxgears reports 60fps

I've put the output of glxinfo, my XF86Config file and the XFree86 log
file on a website as to avoid spamming people. You can find them at:

http://mcgiliad.net/comotion/tp240

One thing of notice might be that I'm running the console using the
neomagic framebuffer device. X also boots nicely using fbdev, but also
provides no acceleration.

If anyone can give me a pointer on how to get the neomagic working in
accelerated mode on my thinkpad, it would be much appreciated!

Regards,
	Kacper