[ltp] ThinkPad A21p and LT modem

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:47:10 +0000

Here is an interesting problem I am now encountering with my ThinkPad A21p.  I
have been using the LT modem drivers (running RedHat 9.0 with 2.4.20-6 to
2.4.20-20.9 kernels for a basis) from the LTModem Drivers For Linux site
(http://ltmodem.heby.de/ for those who have not come across it yet) and thank
the folks there at that site for their wonderful work (beforehand, I had to go
through IBM Technical Support to get a hold of their version of the old 2.2
kernel LT modem drivers eons ago).  Had all the prior kernel versions
2.4.20-20.9 working fine until one of my students decided to mess with my neat
configuration (NEtwork Administration Tool for those non-RH folks not familar
with it)  and delete my modem hardware settings from neat.  So I figured it
should be a simple, find the driver, get it going, etc., etc., etc.

Well, after a week and a half, I am still not getting any sign of Linux and
the LT modem talking to each other.  I am open to suggestions from the gallery
if others have come across this by accident and resolved it.

TIA.

--- Crawford