switching Thinklight by software? - was: Re: [ltp] success story: Thinkpad T23

Thu, 23 Oct 2003 02:08:22 +0200

> How did you get the Thinklight to work?

Kidding?

Fn+PgUp

But that brings me to the idea that it might be possible to switch it
through software by setting the appropriate bit in /dev/nvram.

One could hexdump /dev/nvram, change
the bit in the output and somehow write
the whole stuff back. Question is how to do
the last part - would there be a shell only (non-programming)
solution???

Is it a bad idea to write to /dev/nvram?

André.